Friday, May 21, 2010

Day Zero: Welcome to Miami!

so i finally made it to MIAMI!!! i cant explain how hard ive wanted to come to miami from the age of 15 ive said that i wanted to live in miami. but now that im here im having second thoughts... but before we go into that lets start at the beginning...

so because of icelands ashcload my flight got re-routed to germany, duesseldorf international to be exact. through some genius thinking by my bestie Nige we found a way to get in germany in time to catch out flight. We had some problems finding a way to get to germany because you guys know i live in amsterdam, the netherlands right? and getting to germany at 7am is almost impossible! there were no trains that ran that early, no busses and nobody was able to drive us so short noticed. here's the solution:

We had to go to nijmegen, catch a shuttle to Weeze airport at 3.20am, from there take a cab to the trainstation, from the station to Duesseldorf HBF which takes an hour and 10 minutes and from there take another train to the airport which takes 12 minutes. so the plan was the travel all night to be there in the morning!

plans change...
through some mistake made by the american embassy in london my bestie Nige couldnt get his visa sorted in time which came to the conclusion that he was gonna fly to miami later and i was gonna have to make this trip alone in the middle of the night and be in amerika by my self! but the most important fact of all of this is i dont like to do things alone.

i was hyperventilating at the thought alone but Nige reasured me everything was gonna be alright... after a deep sigh i embarked on this journey alone against my will, with this bittersweet feeling.

The shuttlebus to Weeze Airport was alright but i stood in the cold waiting on a bus that didnt come so i decided to take a taxi to the station. what airport in the world doesnt have taxi's available at all times? well apparently Weeze because i waited like 30 minutes for a Taxi which made me miss a train which meant i had to wait a 30 minutes for the next one to duesseldorf. the train was full of ugly people accept one german guy that was kinda cute in his face but pales in comparison when i arrived in Atlanta! but thats for later.


i arrived at the airport after taking the train to the airport i had to take a skyrail (second pic) to arrive at the terminal (first pic) it's pretty light and open. it fellt like a dream till this big scary german woman started asking and bullying me with answers at the check in. i was expecting after customs to be HUGE and with a lot of restaurants to eat, the works and stuff but it was a dissappointing mess! there were 3 restaurants non at which i wanted to eat and only a newsstand, a designer stand, and the perfume choclate and cigarette tax-free stations.

FINALLY! in the plane i got a comfy seat in a delta plane and i had notting to complain except bouth the food!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! I SWEAR!! no meal in my entire life has me me want to run to the toilet! it was some chicken and potato blablabla. ugh i almost died!!!!! i started to get dizzy like i was gonna faint and my stomach was just beating me up!!!! i coudlnt take it no mo. i just went to the toilet and went for it... i felt ashamed coming out of that toilet. nobody gave me mind but i still cared. i didnt eat anything for the rest of the flight. they tried to come at me with pizza and icescream, i thought are u really tryna kill me?

I arrived in atlanta after a 10 hour flight! the trip seemed long and short at the same time, because i was able to take 3 naps in there watch 3 movies and an episode of the office US. customs was ok i had no problems going through it but DAMN!!!! i was lookin left right top bottom behind me, HOTNESS!!!!!! everywhere! HOTHOTHOT. i was bbm-ing Nige lord have mercy im not gonna be able to catch my flight to miami if somebody doesnt throw some uglyness in the room! i checked my bag in again at flight connection and there were these 2 guys eager to take it. they asked where u going? thats kool i wish i could come withcha. i thought they was straight but i kept looking them up and down till i was out of sight and they didnt seem to mind at all.

so after a short 2 hour flight or something (i lost total track of time). I arrived in miami! and i was smiling all the way untill the hotel! ya heard me UNTILL i reached the hotel *correction* MOTEL. it was a lil shabbier than was shown online... and when i went to check in it seemes as if the price doubled! so i was arguing with these people but couldnt really prove enough because i didnt have my itinerary and all with me because Nige's cousin arranged everything (she works at a travel agent) and nige wasnt with me yet so i couldnt do nottin! i just said you know what ill just pay for 2-3 nights till he comes so we can sort this out.

that was my first panic attack! i arrived at the room and it was ok... i went to this lil stripmall i saw round the corner to get me a travelcharger and why doesn nobody speak frikking english! i was like do you have travelchargers here? ¿inglés?, other shop ¿inglés?, 3rd shop ¿inglés? u was like no, no habla español *sigh* and i just went and looked for the damn thing myself. i found it eventually. after that i went to wendy's and had me a first american meal! i was so bent out of shape that i didnt even get to finish my fries and my drink but i sure as hell wanst gonna let my double baconator go to waste.

i went to bed at 12 or 1am and woke up this morning 7 am for no reason...

3 comments:

  1. Awww that seemed like such a hussel. It was funny how you were like HOTHOTHOT lol everywhere. Atlanta has some fine ass dudes, I wanna go there to visit one day. Have fun in Miami and behave! lol

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU HAD BETTER BEHAVE OR I WILL BE DISAPPOINTED

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jimmy you should so go! if i was drooling at the airport i wonder what i would be doin in the street! fainting every 5 secs i guess!! and @Dovie lol i will trust me, im really flirtacious but i dunno if i would jump into bed with an american that quick...

    ReplyDelete