Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blogetry: "Timber"

I stood there tall and proud
The only tree in a desert of love
Till you came lonely nomad
Walking up the dunes Playing the mandolin
Melody sounding like tingeling
Moving my leaves To the whispers of the wind
Making my petals dance
In an hypnotic state of trance

Under me you took shelter from the sun
The sun who also dried you up on your journey
u used my elixir to replenish
Sucked me dry until I was finished
You left me to wither and die
All that's left of me that screams through the desert is my love cry

Before you leave your caressing me
Whispering how much you needed me
Thanking me, looking at me, leaving me
I'm thanking you unwillingly for killing me
I didn't know this wasn't love
I didn't know this was abuse
Couldn't see right or wrong in ur excuse
With ease You chopped me down
Away with the deserts Crown
I was too late to realize
Skydiving into my demise
While falling I'm imagining this to be a Dream
but he brought me to reality with his Scream
"TIIIIIIMMMMBEEEERRRRRRR!!!"

3 comments:

  1. Oh how creative babe! I dug that a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there have been many times, where I have been lost in love, blinded by love, and it felt like there was despair all around, remembering at odd times, waking up from beautiful yet frightening nightmares. But I learned I had to let go, for How can you live the life you love, if you don’t love the life you live, how can you love the life you live if you don’t live a life you love?. It was not easy, but it was worth it, and Bro, one day you will be able to tell me about every struggle, every heartbrake, every disappointment, every trail and tribulation, but the victory stories will be so much sweeter, for even though often in life, it feels like we are breaking, we were not meant to break, we just find out our limits and our true endurance. Love you Bro. R.

    ReplyDelete