Monday, November 4, 2013

Poetry: Moons Collide

I live on a planet where footprints don't leave marks, in a world where the little things are non-existent and the big things insignificant. A world where giraffes have no view, a lions roar sounds like whispers, and wales don't make waves. Everything in this world has lost its magic to me. Black and white pictures catch the essence of once beauty and my eyes are missing the ability to see colour but beauty is far to be seen. Everything blurs into grey and just one shade. Everything is missing something, some things have nothing, nothing is big enough, all things seems like nothing. Sparks are needed to cause flames but even fireworks feel simple and insufficient. Forest fires won't suffice. Nothing seems enough to ignite the light. My love is a beating glow in the dark heart shaped muscle now sleeping in my chest. I want it turned on. I want the light to escape my mouth and illuminate the sky. I want it to overshadow Divali. I want it to make lions roar like steamboats. I want it to make wales create tsunamis when they jump. I want it to make giraffes see the future. A future where this world doesn't need grand gestures for me to fall in love. My sorcerer you feel my agony. You don't believe I should be in a world different. I am the world different. I am the grand gesture. You lift up your hand and make moons collide so no darkness can exist. Forced to look at myself with no place to hide. You stand beside me and say: "That was nothing. The creation of you is the grander gesture."

No comments:

Post a Comment